to the Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna!
|Daily except Monday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.|
In compliance with the current regulations to contain the pandemic, Kunsthistorisches Museum will be closed from April 1st to May 3rd 2021. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
- The Coin Collection remains closed.
- Evening openings, guided tours and events cannot take place.
- Further current closures are marked in the online floor plan.
The safety of our guests and staff is our top priority. Extensive security measures are designed to offer you an enriching visitor experience.
- Please keep a distance of at least two metres from other people who do not live in your household.
- Wearing an FFP2 mask is required for the duration of the visi. For underaged visitors the following rules are in place: 0-5 years - no mask required / 6-14 years– nose and mouth mask required / Older than 15 years – FFP2 mask required.
Disinfectant dispensers are available for use throughout the house.
We recommend that you buy your admission ticket online in advance so that you do not have to queue at the cash desk. With your online ticket you can enter the museum directly via the Fast-Lane entrance.
Contactless payment on site is also possible.
Audio guides are properly disinfected after each use.
Our staff is always available to answer your questions!
* Students (25 and under), seniors, Ö1 Club members, persons with special needs and their carers, conscripts (military/social service), unemployed
|Annual Ticket 7 museums – 365 days|
(unlimited visits for a year from purchase)
|Annual Ticket U25||25 €|
|Annual Family Ticket|
(in the Museum Gift Bag)
|Combined Ticket ‘Habsburg Treasures’|
(single admission each to the KHM and the Treasury)
(single admission each to the KHM and the Leopold museum)
(single admission to each of the major Bundesmuseum sites)
Complete the picture: your audio guide will point out details, explain context and let you in on a secret or two.
|Audio Guide||6 €|
|Audio Guide ‘Take 2’||8 €|
|Audio Guide Family (2 adults and up to 3 children)||9 €|
|Audio Guide Group p.p. (groups of 10 or more)||4 €|
The arts education team at Kunsthistorisches Museum is looking forward to accompanying you on your journey through the museum!
Please note: Guided tours cannot take place at the moment.
|Guided Tour||6 €|
- Find the list of guided tours currently on offer here.
- Limited number of participants.
Buy your ticket online
Delivery of Online Tickets
Your online ticket will be sent by email to the address provided by you. Please also check your spam folder.
The tickets remain valid from the point of purchase until they are stamped upon entry at the given site.
Private Guided Tours
Book an exclusive private guided tour – just for yourself, together with another person, for your friends or for your company. You will remain together as a group and our art educators will address your particular interests.
The Kunsthistorisches Museum has always endeavoured to offer all visitors easy and inclusive access to its abundant collections. All persons, including those with special visual or cognitive needs, will be able to open up new perspectives and delve into their emotions whilst addressing the arts together or enjoying the possibilities of creative expression in our studio.
Please contact us for booking requests by telephone +43 1 525 24 - 5202 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Side entrance with concierge (entrance Burgring 5), our guest service will accompany you to the lift and into the building
- 2 lifts (door width 99 cm, car length 130 cm, car width 150 cm)
- 5 accessible toilets (lower ground floor, upper ground floor, first floor)
- Wheelchairs available (please book a day in advance at email@example.com)
- 5 public car parking spaces for disabled badge holders on Heldenplatz, 2 public car parking spaces for disabled badge holders at the Burgring side entrance
- Special guided tours for persons with special needs available upon request
- Wheelchair users who are visiting the museum via the Burgring 5 entrance can purchase their ticket at the shop in the entrance hall.
Get to know our collections in our online floor plan
Time for a break
<Due to the current measures to contain the pandemic, the café is temporarily closed. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!</p>
Leave your outerwear, umbrellas, bags and other items at the cloakroom free of charge. There are also lockers available for storage.
Photography and filming is only permitted for private use and non-commercial purposes. It is not permitted to use a flash or a tripod. Please take note of signs indicating photography bans for particular works of art.
Seating is available in the exhibition rooms, take a seat while viewing and experiencing the works of art.
We are particularly happy to welcome young visitors and have special offers for children and those who have remained young at heart. Please keep an eye on the children you are accompanying during your entire visit.
Media representatives and journalists reporting about a KHM Museumsverband site, a current exhibition or event will receive free entry and press material from us. Please register your visit in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org least two workdays in advance, including in your email the name of your medium, your desired date of visit and a scanned image of your valid ID.
Download our terms and conditions
Please take a look at the KHM Museumsverband terms and conditions.
If you have any questions regarding ticket prices and opening times, please contact us by phone +43 1 525 24 - 2500 or by email email@example.com.
We are looking forward to your visit!