to the Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna!
We are looking forward to your visit.
|Friday–Wednesday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.|
|Thursday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.|
The safety of our visitors and staff is our top priority. Extensive safety measures are in place to ensure that your visit is an untroubled and enriching experience.
Please note the following regulations and measures for your visit:
- Keep a distance of at least one metre to all persons who are not members of your own household.
- The wearing of a mouth and nose protector is obligatory during the use of an art education programme. Our Guest Service on site will gladly provide you with a disposable mask. Discover our special designer fabric face masks at our online shop and be touched by art.
- If you use our elevators, please do so only alone or with persons who live in your household.
- We recommend that you purchase your ticket online before your visit in order to avoid the queues at the cash desk. You can enter the museum directly with your online ticket.
Contactless payment is possible at our cash desks, too.
- Audio guides will be disinfected according to the regulations in place after each use.
- The cloakroom will not be staffed. Please use one of our many lockers.
- Disinfectants are available for use throughout the building.
- Wash-rooms and toilets will be cleaned more frequently and all door handles and frequently touched areas throughout the building will be cleaned several times a day.
- The Café-Restaurant in the cupola hall is open during museum opening hours, safety regulations apply. The tables are set out so that guests can keep sufficient distance. Find more information here.
Please turn to our staff, who will be happy to answer any questions!
* Students (25 and under), seniors, Ö1 Club members, persons with special needs and their carers, conscripts (military/social service), unemployed
|Annual Ticket 7 museums – 365 days|
(unlimited visits for a year from purchase)
|Annual Ticket U25||25 €|
|Combined Ticket ‘Habsburg Treasures’|
(single admission each to the KHM and the Treasury)
(single admission each to the KHM and the Leopold museum)
(single admission to each of the major Bundesmuseum sites)
Complete the picture: your audio guide will point out details, explain context and let you in on a secret or two.
|Audio Guide||5 €|
|Audio Guide ‘Take 2’||7 €|
|Audio Guide Family (2 adults and up to 3 children)||8 €|
|Audio Guide Group p.p. (groups of 10 or more)||3 €|
The arts education team at Kunsthistorisches Museum is looking forward to accompanying you on your journey through the museum!
|Guided Tour||6 €|
- Find the list of guided tours currently on offer here.
- Limited number of participants.
Buy your ticket online
Delivery of Online Tickets
Your online ticket will be sent by email to the address provided by you. Please also check your spam folder.
The tickets remain valid from the point of purchase until they are stamped upon entry at the given site.
Private Guided Tours
Book an exclusive private guided tour – just for yourself, together with another person, for your friends or for your company. You will remain together as a group and our art educators will address your particular interests.
The Kunsthistorisches Museum has always endeavoured to offer all visitors easy and inclusive access to its abundant collections. All persons, including those with special visual or cognitive needs, will be able to open up new perspectives and delve into their emotions whilst addressing the arts together or enjoying the possibilities of creative expression in our studio.
Please contact us for booking requests by telephone +43 1 525 24 - 5202 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Side entrance with concierge (entrance Burgring 5), our guest service will accompany you to the lift and into the building
- 2 lifts (door width 99 cm, car length 130 cm, car width 150 cm)
- 5 accessible toilets (lower ground floor, upper ground floor, first floor)
- Wheelchairs available (please book a day in advance at email@example.com)
- 5 public car parking spaces for disabled badge holders on Heldenplatz, 2 public car parking spaces for disabled badge holders at the Burgring side entrance
- Special guided tours for persons with special needs available upon request
- Wheelchair users who are visiting the museum via the Burgring 5 entrance can purchase their ticket at the shop in the entrance hall.
Get to know our collections in our online floor plan
Time for a Break
Use our café and restaurant for a break during your visit. The café and restaurant is open throughout the museum opening hours.
Leave your outerwear, umbrellas, bags and other items at the cloakroom free of charge. There are also lockers available for storage.
Photography and filming is only permitted for private use and non-commercial purposes. It is not permitted to use a flash or a tripod. Please take note of signs indicating photography bans for particular works of art.
Seating is available in the exhibition rooms, take a seat while viewing and experiencing the works of art.
We are particularly happy to welcome young visitors and have special offers for children and those who have remained young at heart. Please keep an eye on the children you are accompanying during your entire visit.
Media representatives and journalists reporting about a KHM Museumsverband site, a current exhibition or event will receive free entry and press material from us. Please register your visit in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org least two workdays in advance, including in your email the name of your medium, your desired date of visit and a scanned image of your valid ID.
Download our terms and conditions
Please take a look at the KHM Museumsverband terms and conditions.
If you have any questions regarding ticket prices and opening times, please contact us by phone +43 1 525 24 - 2500 or by email email@example.com.
We are looking forward to your visit!