We are glad to welcoming you back to the Kunsthistorisches Museum.
The safety of our visitors and staff is our top priority. Extensive safety measures are in place to ensure that your visit is an untroubled and enriching experience.
Please note the following regulations and measures for your visit:
- Keep a distance of at least one metre to all persons who are not members of your own household.
- The wearing of a mouth and nose protector is obligatory during the visit. Our Guest Service on site will gladly provide you with a disposable mask. Discover our special designer fabric face masks at our online shop and be touched by art.
- If you use our elevators, please do so only alone or with persons who live in your household.
- We recommend that you purchase your ticket online before your visit in order to avoid the queues at the cash desk. You can enter the museum directly with your online ticket.
Contactless payment is possible at our cash desks, too.
- Audio guides will be disinfected according to the regulations in place after each use.
- The cloakroom will not be staffed. Please use one of our many lockers.
- Disinfectants are available for use throughout the building.
- Wash-rooms and toilets will be cleaned more frequently and all door handles and frequently touched areas throughout the building will be cleaned several times a day.
- The Café-Restaurant in the cupola hall is open during museum opening hours, safety regulations apply. The tables are set out so that guests can keep sufficient distance. Find more information here.
Please turn to our staff, who will be happy to answer any questions!
UNSER KINDERPROGRAMM IM SOMMER
Diesen Sommer haben wir ein besonders vielfältiges Angebot für alle Kinder ab 6 Jahren: Jeden Nachmittag gibt es Kinderführungen zu abwechslungsreichen Themen und jeden Mittwoch und Freitag findet am Vormittag im Atelier ein spannendes Programm statt. (Start: 13.7.)
Comeback. 14 Months. One Annual Ticket.
Enjoy your museum visits for longer without having to pay more: fourteen months instead of twelve! All KHM Museumsverband annual tickets purchased between 30 May and 31 August 2020 will be valid for two extra months. This offer is also valid for all annual ticket vouchers purchased during that period: Spread some joy and gift a friend, relative or even yourself with a voucher for a 14 month ticket for only 44 Euros.
Our new art education programme in June: travel through time and space in the realm of the arts!
Regular special guided tours for up to nine persons will be available from June. Unusual and surprising topics will guide our way through the Picture Gallery, and on weekends also the Egyptian and Oriental Collection as well as the Kunstkammer – prepare to be stunned! It is of course also possible to book private tours for up to nine persons.
Artist masks from the museum
Two artists have designed face masks especially for the Kunsthistorisches Museum, finding inspiration from the Old Masters.
MYSTERY HUNTS ARE AVAILABLE AGAIN FROM 1 JULY!
As of now you can book exciting Mystery Hunts through our museum again and starting from 1 July on the games can finally take place once more. With your team, consisting of 4 to 8 people, you can either set out to solve the Riddle of the Sphinx in our Egyptian and Near Eastern Collection or uncover the mysteries surrounding Emperor Rudolf II in our Kunstkammer.
You may kiss … !
Weddings can be celebrated at Kunsthistorisches Museum again as soon as we have re-opened on 30 May 2020. Say ‘I do!‘ in the presence of close family and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of a small, private celebration. A maximum number of one hundred guests ensures that the minimum distance of one metre is kept. You may still kiss – despite distance and face masks.
Discover our wide range of online services!
While our museum is opening its doors again, the digital museum will remain active. Browse our expansive online collection to find objects and masterpieces in our collections, let the KHM-Stories app guide you through the museum interactively or get close up and personal with the Flemish master on the Inside Bruegel platform.
The Kunsthistorisches Museum on Instagram
Follow us on @kunsthistorischesmuseumvienna