The stylistic departure from the KHM’s other three architectural pictures suggest that Hans Vredeman’s hand was more strongly involved in this one (as opposed to that of his son Paul). The staffage (accessory) figures are by another hand but not – as usual – van Ravesteyn’s. The original staffage figures have been painted over and are (weakly) visible only in part.
138 cm × 186 cm
Framed (gallery frame with inscriptions): 156 cm × 204,7 cm × 7 cm
Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien, Gemäldegalerie
Created during the stay of Vredemann de Vries at the Prague court; From the treasury of Emperor Rudolf II; ca. 1610-1619 in the castle in Vienna; Salzburg; 1806 to Vienna; 1837 documented in the gallery depot in Vienna
This object is still without a Art Patron. Accept the patronage and make sure that this cultural treasure is preserved for future generations.
Your donation is a direct and sustainable contribution to the scientific documentation, research, restoration, and presentation of the artworks of the Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien.