The group of KHMembers includes individuals interested in art who want to get to know the sites and collections of the KHM-Museumsverband in all their facets and get in touch with other art-lovers.
KHMmembers extend their museum visit with unique insights behind the scenes of the museum, get carried away by the enthusiasm of our curators at monthly exclusive special openings and experience personal encounters with Director General Sabine Haag. The KHMembers programme is offered in German language.
Enjoy all the following benefits
- Invitations to monthly curator tours outside the regular opening hours
- Exclusive receptions with General Director Sabine Haag
- Free entry to Kunstschatzi events
- Invitations to the free lecture programme
- Receipt of the art and cultural education programme
- Reserved seats at events
- Monthly KHMembers newsletter
- Personalised KHMember card
- Free admission to all locations 1
- Free audio guides
- 10 % discount in the shop2
- 20 % discount in the café in the KHM cupola hall
- 10 % discount in the Cook Café and bistro3
- Free access to the KHM lounge 4
- Free use of the library
Annual Membership fee € 150
KHMbassadors are a group of international art enthusiasts who appreciate the priceless cultural value of our museums and collections and also want to get those around them interested in art, events and exhibitions. Also, KHMbassadors make a donation to help preserve our cultural heritage.
KHMbassadors are invited with an escort to exclusive exhibition previews, special tours by our curators outside opening hours, and personal encounters with Director General Sabine Haag. KHMbassadors' art and cultural program points are also available in English.
Receive the following in addition to all of the benefits of KHMembers:
- Free admission to all exhibitions and collections 1 for two people
- Invitations to exclusive previews of special exhibitions for two people
- Personal invitations to the lecture programme of the KHM-Museumsverband for two people
- Invitations to events in English
- Monthly KHMbassador newsletter in English or German language with all information about the programme
Annual membership fee EUR 450
EUR 225 is deductible as a donation*
For our new members, we came up with a very special welcome programme until the end of the year.
- As a KHMember and KHMbassador, enjoy exciting lectures and discussionsat the KHM every Thursday with free admission: Programme.
- We would be delighted if you also visited our rich art education programme: Programme
- In addition, discover our varied programme at the Weltmuseum and take the advantage of free events for KHMmembers and KHMbassadors on Tuesday evenings: Programme
- Also, be inspired by the regular artists' talks and music programmes at the Theatermuseum. Programme
Raphael. Gold and Silk
13th October, 9am, Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna
Meeting point: Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien Foyer
Director Katja Schmitz-von Ledebur will guide you through the special exhibition and present the tapestries from the perspective of textile history.
Preview: Showbiz Made in Vienna. The Marischkas
16th October, 5pm, Theatermuseum
Meeting point: Theatremuseum foyer
We will dive into the special exhibition in the Theater Museum together with curator Roland Fischer-Briand and Co-curator Clara Huber and get to know the artistic dynasty Marischka anew.
Object up close: Director's talk
6th October, 2pm, Imperial Armoury
Meeting place: Weltmuseum Wien Foyer
The event will be held in English if required.
Stefan Krause, Director of the Imperial Armoury, invites you to his Director's Office and will introduce you to a very special object.
Director's table talk in the Coin Collection: Regalianus und Dryantilla – an attempted coup in Carnuntum in 260 AD
16. November, 6 pm, Coin Collection
Meeting point: Kunsthistorischisches Museum Foyer
In a small group, Director of the Coin Collection, Klaus Vondrovec invites us to his office for a table talk. We will experience selected objects from the collection up close and learn about their long journey from their creation to our collection.
PERSON LIMIT: 10 PERSONS
The Ivory Sculptures of the Ecclesiastical Treasury
23. November, 4pm, Imperial Treasury
Meeting point: Imperial Treasury entrance
Curator Konrad Schlegel explains the art and creation of the ivory scultpures in the Ecclesiastical Treasury.
Behind the scenes: The Emperor's air well
13. November, 6pm, Weltmuseum Wien
Meeting point: Weltmuseum Wien entrance hall
How does fresh air get into the museum? Where does it come from, and where does it go? Thomas Gaisberger explains to us how the historic ventilation still works today.
Feel free to contact us personally!
We are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Upgrades for annual pass holders are also possible.
T +43 1 52524 – 4037
Burgring 5, 1010 Vienna, Austria
IBAN: AT20 6000 0000 9605 1616
1 Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna, Kaiserliche Schatzkammer Wien (Imperial Treasury Vienna), Hofjagd- und Rüstkammer, Sammlung alter Musikinstrumente (Collection of Old Musical Instruments), Ephesos-Museum, Weltmuseum Wien, Theatermuseum (Palais Lobkowitz), Kaiserliche Wagenburg Wien (Imperial Carriage Museum Vienna) and Schloss Ambras Innsbruck (Ambras Castle) // 2 excluding fixed-price books // 3 in the Weltmuseum Wien // 4 during opening hours