Due to the encouraging forecasts on the containment of coronavirus and the positive signals from policy-makers, the Kunsthistorisches Museum at Maria-Theresien-Platz will re-open on Saturday, 30 May 2020. The Kunsthistorisches Museum will once again be open daily during the months of June, July and August this year.
The other museums and sites of the KHM Museumsverband will gradually open over the course of the coming months:
Opening on Thursday, 2 July 2020:
Opening on Wednesday, 2 September 2020:
Opening on Thursday, 1 October 2020:
- Collections in the Neue Burg**
(Imperial Armoury and Collection of Historic Musical Instruments)
Our museums and sites will of course open subject to all regulations and hygiene measures prescribed by the health authorities for the protection of all our visitors and staff.
* The picture gallery at the Akademie der Bildenden Künste Vienna will open on 1 July 2020.
** The Ephesus Museum and the House of Austrian History will open on 1 July 2020.
Find current information on rescheduled exhibitions and events here:
KUNSTHISTORISCHES MUSEUM WIEN
- All GANYMED IN POWER dates will be rescheduled to a later date from autumn 2020 onwards. Ganymed tickets that have already been purchased will be valid for the replacement date. Please keep your tickets! All information on replacement dates and rebooking possibilities are available here. New tickets for the replacement dates will be available from June 2020.
- The KUNSTSCHATZI dates schedules for spring 2020 will be postponed to a later date in autumn 2020. We will announce the new dates in a timely manner on the website as well as via facebook. All Kunstschatzi tickets that have already been purchased for one of the spring dates will be valid for one of the replacement dates. Please keep your tickets!
- The exhibition BEETHOVEN MOVES cannot take place as planned in spring 2020 due to the measures currently in place. The exhibition and all events accompanying it will therefore be moved to autumn 2020. More information will be available shortly. We will keep you informed via our social media channels and our newsletter.
- The exhibition by Susanna Fritscher at THESEUSTEMPEL will be rescheduled from spring 2020 to a later date.
The exhibition THE AZTECS will not be able to open as planned in June 2020 due to the measures currently in place. The exhibition will instead be shown from 15 October 2020 to 13 April 2021. Find more information on the exhibition and the accompanying events here soon. We will also keep you informed via our social media channels and our newsletter.
The exhibition GROTESQUE COMEDY. LODOVICO OTTAVIO BURNACINI will not be able to open as planned in May 2020 due to the measures currently in place. The exhibition will instead start on 8 October 2020. Find more information on the exhibition and the accompanying events here soon. We will also keep you informed via our social media channels and our newsletter.
SCHLOSS AMBRAS INNSBRUCK
The exhibition ON HORSEBACK. The Equestrian Statue of Archduke Leopold V. cannot begin at the planned date of 2 April 2020 due to the measures currently in place. The exhibition and all accompanying events will therefore take place as soon as the museum re-opens.
The exhibition FASHION SHOW. Princely Wardrobes of Three Centuries is postponed by one year and will take place from 17 June to 3 October 2021.
GENERAL INFORMATION ON EVENTS
- We are endeavouring as far as possible to reschedule events that had to be cancelled to a later date and to announce replacement dates in a timely manner.
- Tickets that have already been purchased for events that now have to be rescheduled will remain valid. Please keep your tickets in any case.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for ticketing and refund information.
- Tickets for the museum that have already been purchased remain valid.
- Please follow us on Facebook and Instagram or subscribe to our newsletter, in which we will keep you informed of all latest developments.
Important telephone numbers
Health hotline: 1450
(only if an infection is suspected)
Corona information hotline: 0800/555 621