Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna
In 2012, under the leadership of the new Adjunct Curator Jasper Sharp, the Kunsthistorisches Museum developed a new program of contemporary and modern art. Through this program, we aim to present our visitors with new stimuli for discussion and deepen our collective understanding of the remarkable history of the house and its collections. The Contemporary Patrons support this initiative to expand today’s exhibition and education program.
Benefits enjoyed by Contemporary and Leading Patrons:
- Free year-round entry for two to all exhibitions and collections of the Kunsthistorisches Museum.
- A personal invitation to all exhibition previews and opening events held by the Kunsthistorisches Museum.
- Reserved seats at all Contemporary talks followed by exclusive cocktails with members of the discussion panel.
- Behind-the-scenes access: Speak to and get to know the artists during exhibition setup periods.
- Opportunities to take part in ‘Art Trips’ to international art conventions, private collections, studios and galleries with the curator Jasper Sharp.
- A free personal copy of all new exhibition catalogues for contemporary and modern art exhibitions.
- Advice in art law from the museum’s specialist.
- A quarterly newsletter with details of all planned activities of the Contemporary Patrons group.
- Recognition and thank-you to Contemporary Patrons in all printed materials accompanying the Museum’s Contemporary Program.
- Künstleredition / Jahresgabe ( with a donation of 4.000,-€)
Become a Member
The annual donation for supporters of contemporary art is either €2000* or €4000* (with Künstleredition/Jahresgabe).
This donation directly supports both the modern and contemporary art program and the Contemporary Talks in the Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienn.
Membership of the Contemporary Patrons is open to both Austrian individuals and those from outside Austria. The number of members is, however, limited.
* Your donation to the Kunsthistorisches Museum is allowable as a business expense for companies according to §4a Abs. 4 lit b Austrian Income Tax Act 1988 and allowable as incidental expenditure for individuals according to §18 Ans. 1 Z7 Austrian Income Tax Act 1988.
The annual membership donation for Leading Patrons is €10,000.
This donation directly supports the exhibition program and Contemporary Talks of the Kunsthistorisches Museum.
Programm der Contemporary Patrons
27. Mai 2015, 19 Uhr
Reise der Contemporary Patrons
13. Juli 2015
21. September 2015
19. Oktober 2015
PREVIEW & AUSSTELLUNGSERÖFFNUNG:
16. November 2015